Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
PreApps provides an outlet for developers to harness early exposure, access beta testers, generate critical user feedback, and most importantly rapid downloads upon release. Get 10% off on ALL PreApps marketing services by using promo code AppMasters!
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Are you looking for ways to validate your app idea? Well today’s guest talks about his four step process for trying to fail fast and early and shares why you must get over being afraid of sharing your idea. Also, listen to the start of the show where he shares his company’s agile process when it comes to sales.
Fail Fast, Fail Early
It is really important to fail early because the earlier you fail, the cheaper it is. There are 4 stages of failing:
- Failing on paper – Put down your idea on paper. Show it around. Try to validate it. If a lot of the feedback is negative, all you lose is some time and a few cents worth of paper and pen.
- Failingon mock up– Then fail on mock up. Try out the idea on the net and see if it gets good results. If it does not, all you lost was your time and perhaps a few dollars.
- Failing on design – Then go to design. If you fail design, it is a more expensive lesson because design costs real money. So does the next stage: prototype.
- Failing on prototype
So if you must fail, fail early on in the game. This is why one must never be afraid to show his idea around. This is the best way to get feedback for free. If the feedback is negative most of the time, then you know your idea is zilch.
The Agile Method and How it Applies to Sales
The Agile Method is a particular approach to project management that is utilized in software development. This method assists teams in responding to the unpredictability of constructing software. It uses incremental, iterative work sequences that are commonly known as sprints.At the end of a sprint, the lessons are taken out on the board so that on a daily basis they can be seen and iterated to everyone. This is good in sales because it gives you an easy review of probable behavioral causes for repetitive learning opportunities.
What advice would give anyone looking to build an app?
You have to absolutely love the work you do. If you do not deeply adore what you do, you will not be a successful entrepreneur.
Fav app: MacID: (iTunes)
- 820: Why You Should Localize in Arabic with Qais Haddad - January 26, 2021
- App Store Optimization in 2021 – Brand Strategy (Part 4/6) - January 25, 2021
- App Store Optimization in 2021 – Keyword Research (Part 3/6) - January 20, 2021