Today’s guest is the Co-Founder at Clearbridge Mobile whose clients include The New York Times, NBC Sports, PayPal and more. You will discover how they started working with these big brands, keys to a successful product strategy for enterprise apps and how leveraging data and AI is the future of mobile.
Landing Big Brands
The days of knocking on doors and cold emails are long gone and people now search in Google or listen to podcast to know who’s out there and who people would recommend. They have been able to land clients this way and Sanjay’s team has been fortunate enough to have a great sales and marketing team who continue to engage and manage relationships with their current customers.They continue to deliver value to their customers and they leverage that in their account management / marketing side to go out there in the market and this resulted to growth and even landing big names.
Successful Product Strategies
- Gone are the days wherein you build an app and leave it there in the store. At this point, you have to maintain your product in a monthly or quarterly basis to remain relevant.
- Funds which are coming out of the services business should not be used to fund projects for the product business. They should be treated as separate endeavours and should have separate teams to deliver them. Once a business is running, minor variations or fine tuning is a great thing but a completely different business should be treated as a whole new venture which should be managed and maintained in its own box.
- Focus to build a really strong services business. It is very difficult and very different to run a product company than it is to run a services company. So focus on providing value to your customers and treat the services company as your utmost priority.
Latest posts by Lakshmi uma (see all)
- Go-To-Market Strategy: The Simple and Easy Way - March 20, 2019
- 723: How to Build a Consumer Centric App with Liat Mordechay Hertanu - March 19, 2019
- 722: How to Build a Successful Portfolio of Apps with Laura Tallardy - March 12, 2019