Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
PreApps provides an outlet for developers to harness early exposure, access beta testers, generate critical user feedback, and most importantly rapid downloads upon release. Get 10% off on ALL PreApps marketing services by using promo code AppMasters!
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Today’s guest is the founder at CodeWithChris and he shares his story of leaving his corporate job twice before finally hitting it big with CodeWithChris. If you are thinking about leaving corporate, starting your own platform, or considering building a video course, then this is the episode for you.
From Corporate Worker to Being Your Own Boss
Chris shares strategies he did for him to be able to leave his 9-5 and be his own boss:
- Build a following through blog and video posts. If you know something worthwhile, share it online through blog posts and video via YouTube. If the topic is useful and has value, an audience will just naturally follow. The press will also naturally follow what is hot. Huffington Post for example picked up Chris’ blog about “How to Make Iphone Apps..” and up to now, it still provides traffic in Chris’ website.
- Build an email list. Send out feelers about your plan, what apps you want to create and send it to all the people in your email list. Then wait for the response. This way, anyone looking to leave a stable job to branch out into the big brave world of being an entrepreneur will know what to expect.
- Build Your Apps. Build the app, put it up, and giveit the best exposure you can manage. See where the app will take you. See how much revenue gets actualized and from there you can decide whether to stay in that corporate job or take the leap into being your own boss.
How to Approach Learning Programming
The students with the most success in learning programming are the students who approach it with patience.Do not sign up for the course because they just want to build their app. Learning programming is like learning a new language. It will take longer than anyone thinks. The best way to go about learning programming is to start with something small, perhaps a simple app. As your skills improve, then you can move ahead with the more complicated apps.
- App Store Optimization in 2021 – What is ASO? (Part 1/6) - January 13, 2021
- 818: The Facebook Retargeting Campaign That Drives Revenue with Michael Durst - January 12, 2021
- Meet the Indie Developer with 7M Downloads & Apple Design Award - January 11, 2021