Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Are you thinking about getting into the app flipping or reskinning business? Well today’s guest is generating over 30,000 downloads a day from his Flappy Bird reskin and he breaks down his entire process about how he finds which source code to reskin and his ASO techniques. Even if you are completely against reskins, this is one episode you don’t want to miss.
In our show today is Dean Martin of Deelow Designs and we are in for a chat about reskins and more. Dean had designed about ten reskins in the last two months and was able to cleverly piggyback on Flappy Bird’s popularity just before Apple started rejecting submissions with the same key words as this popular game.
Dean shares to us how they had cloned Flappy Fish to life and the stress,excitement and the fulfilling returns that followed. He also answers questions thrown in from our live hang out and talks about the following:
- Using website platforms which can give you download history and feedback where you derive analytics to figure out which apps to buy and which apps to flip,
- Where to get cheap source codes and great developers for your reskin projects,
- His take on localization and using ASO keywords to market his reskins,
- The ease for submitting in Google Play, accepting the reality of not being able to please everybody and a piece of his thoughts to the naysayers out there.
Deans believes in investing in a good designer as this can bring you completely different results. Plus, he knows where the great designers hang on so don’t miss this episode out!
– Flappy Fish: (iTunes)
– Fav App: Time Hop: (iTunes)
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020