Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
PreApps provides an outlet for developers to harness early exposure, access beta testers, generate critical user feedback, and most importantly rapid downloads upon release. Get 10% off on ALL PreApps marketing services by using promo code AppMasters!
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Coming up is the story of how Latergramme started out at a hackathon and grew to over 290,000 users. You will hear about how it all began, how they work with some of the largest brands including YouTube and the NFL, and how the founders finally decided on when it was the right moment to go full-time on the company. Also, if you have that entrepreneurial spirit then listen to the part of the show where they share their thoughts on the reasons why most businesses fail.
The founders of Latergramme met in a hackathon, AngelHack. Before the actual app was built, the developers already knew they had something in this idea because right then and there in that hackathon, they already got two people to sign up and eventually, got 20,000 even before they have launched the product.
How Do You Know When to Go Full Time?
The app had about 100 users when the developers saw the possibilities of big brands going for the convenience of Latergramme. This was when they decided to go full time. You Tube and NFL are just two of the blockbuster brands they were able to get.
Mistakes People Make in Start-up Businesses
- Low in Aggression- some people just do not test their idea early on. Ian and Roger suggest running ideas and MVPs with other entrepreneurs. Embed yourself in the startup community.
- Get feedback early – do not keep all your cards close to your chest and toil away on a perfect version of the product for months on without any feedback. Try to get feedback as early as possible.
A parting advice:
“It is better to have an idea that a small group of people care passionately about rather than have a lot of people who only care a little.“
Ian’s fav app:
Roger’s fav app:
- App Store Optimization in 2021 – What is ASO? (Part 1/6) - January 13, 2021
- 818: The Facebook Retargeting Campaign That Drives Revenue with Michael Durst - January 12, 2021
- Meet the Indie Developer with 7M Downloads & Apple Design Award - January 11, 2021