[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/mobileappchat/462_sc_moatti.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
If you’re looking for an affordable way to drive thousands of downloads using influencer marketing, then check out Trend Pie. They use social media to help your app to be on the trending list of the AppStore. Go to trendpie.com to get started today.
B7DEV.com is the one-stop shop for all your app development needs. They can help you with design, development and even marketing. Plus, they are offering an exclusive 20% off just for the App Masters community.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Today’s guest is the best selling author of mobilized and has held executive positions at Facebook, Trulia and Nokia. She shares a framework for creating successful mobile products which include what she calls the body, spirit and mind rules. She also talks about mobile trends, life after Facebook acquires you, her favorite growth hacking strategy and so much more.
Framework for Creating Successful Mobile Products
Our mobile products are extensions of ourselves so to think of the best mobile products, you have to think of your best selves. Thereby, SC used the mind-body-spirit framework to describetheir best selves and therefore, the best mobile product.
- The body rule – Beauty is a lot of things. Its efficiency, its simplicity, its universality, its emotional and you have to translate all of this into mobile.
- The spirit rule – We all want to have meaningful lives and meaning comes internally and externally. The same with mobile – we want them to be personalized, to respect our privacy, to work in our community.
- The mind rule –We want to keep learning and growing as people and it is the same expectation that we have in mobile.
Growth Hacks and Strategies
For in-person events, SC shares that they grow their audience by ensuring quality of speakers and then raise the bar higher the next time knowing that the better speakers you get, the more demanding your audiences are. They also started to track attendee satisfaction so they can give feedback to their speakers that they can use in their future talks, making it worthwhile for the speakers as well. But the best thing is giving out pizza and beer..this is definitely what attracts them!
SC favorite growth hack is simply: Think outside the box. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Think of a hook that would want everybody to use your product.
Low Point: Her last company, Rendez-Vous Labs, had a lot of things going on for them but they needed more money to hit the next milestone. None of them how to make money at that time so they went on without a clear strategy but after a few months of experimenting, they were lucky to have a company, Facebook, reached out to them and they hit it off.
- App Store Optimization in 2021 – What is ASO? (Part 1/6) - January 13, 2021
- 818: The Facebook Retargeting Campaign That Drives Revenue with Michael Durst - January 12, 2021
- Meet the Indie Developer with 7M Downloads & Apple Design Award - January 11, 2021