Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
PreApps provides an outlet for developers to harness early exposure, access beta testers, generate critical user feedback, and most importantly rapid downloads upon release. Get 10% off on ALL PreApps marketing services by using promo code AppMasters!
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
You know that feeling you get when someone likes your photo on Facebook or retweets you on Twitter. Well it’s called the dopamine effect and today’s guest talks about how he found the core features to add that same sensation to his product. Also, listen to the great advice that he would give his younger self.
Core Features which Can Bring About the Dopamine Effect
- Have a vision to connect people with people toplaces – memory is an unreliable storage bank. At the rate people take pictures in this digital world, there comes a point when who-was-with-whom in this so-and-so place at such-and-such a time get jumbled and confused. Sachin’s app, Shoto, does away with this confusion. It groups pictures with the people who were at a certain place or event and puts them in an album. Then it allows for safe, private and totally controlled sharing.
- Guarantee private sharing – the emphasis here is on “private.” Shoto focuses on the security that only the people a user chooses will actually see the photos. It does away with the reservations a user may have of sharing photos on social media. Shoto makes it easy for users feel comfortable with sharing photos because they are confident and 100% sure that only the people they have chosen will see the photos.
A Word to Young Entrepreneurs:
Sachin shares: “Building motivation can be an expensive endeavor. Go for the latent motivation.” His equation of the psychology of getting the desired behavior is B = MAT(Behavior = motivation + ability + trigger). Behavior comes together when 3 things happen: motivation, ability and trigger.
There is no instant motivation for sharing , for example, in Shoto. It is, however, the main core feature of Shoto. Its motivation is latent. It is at the receiving end. If somebody requests for all the photos taken by a companion on a trip and in return, this somebody shares his own photos, this is the latent motivation. Then the end result is the dopamine effect of both people getting all the pictures of that trip.
- App Store Optimization in 2021 – What is ASO? (Part 1/6) - January 13, 2021
- 818: The Facebook Retargeting Campaign That Drives Revenue with Michael Durst - January 12, 2021
- Meet the Indie Developer with 7M Downloads & Apple Design Award - January 11, 2021