Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
PreApps provides an outlet for developers to harness early exposure, access beta testers, generate critical user feedback, and most importantly rapid downloads upon release. Get 10% off on ALL PreApps marketing services by using promo code AppMasters!
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Are you looking to raise money for your app idea? Well today’s guest shares how he was able to raise $50,000 from his friends and family by putting on an event. Also, if you are looking to put on a conference or event yourself, then you’ll want to listen to his tips on how to get started.
Dustin‘s checklist for a raising money through an event:
- Invite family and friends because the premise here is that they know you already. You have an established credibility of being serious about what you are doing and they know you for the hard worker you are.
- Make the event as presentable as possible. Choose a good venue, serve a well thought-out menu, not too expensive but definitely not on a shoestring budget either, and dress the part of an upcoming entrepreneur.
- Come prepared with a cohesive presentation. A presentation must have the key elements of being able to explain the project, show what has already been done so far, be able to connect it to the bigger picture and most importantly have a projection of the potential income to be earned.
Tips on Putting Up an Event
- Get some key people onboard right from the start because they will be your spokespersons as the project progresses.
- Get past the idea that you think your idea is great, instead, get the feedback of the people – if they, too, think it’s great.
What advice would you give to anyone looking to build a mobile app?
Build the minimum viable product and get to it as quickly as possible.
- 819: How Community Building Leads to Growth with Itamar Rogel - January 19, 2021
- App Store Optimization in 2021 – ASO Factors (Part 2/6) - January 18, 2021
- App Store Optimization in 2021 – What is ASO? (Part 1/6) - January 13, 2021