Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
PreApps provides an outlet for developers to harness early exposure, access beta testers, generate critical user feedback, and most importantly rapid downloads upon release. Get 10% off on ALL PreApps marketing services by using promo code AppMasters!
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
How do you approach influencers and celebrities about your app? Well today’s guest breaks down his process from working with a few big stars. Also, listen to the part of the show when he talks about how he hustled his way to raising money for his startup.
How to Get Influencers and Celebrities to Promote an App:
- Tie the App with what influencers and celebrities are doing – find a value in the app that influencers and celebrities can use in their own activities and focus on that. Get these influencers to check out the app to see if they find value in it. If they like it, then you can pitch them to help out with promotion.
- Be Natural – people can see through insincerity or forced marketing. Always make sure before you make a pitch to these influencers that they have seen your app, used it or perhaps understand its use.
Strategies to Raise Startup Funds:
- Step 1: Approach family members – if you have a family member who has extra cash for investment, this is the right person to approach when you have nothing but an idea. This can be tricky because these family members may have zero knowledge of the app business and depending on your credibility with them, either they will agree to be a partner or will wait it out until you show convincing determination and work habits.
- Step 2: Approach Existing Employers or People You Have Worked in the Past – these people see you differently from family members; they have seen your work habits, ethics and drive. Establishing credibility is much easier with these people but they require lots of paperwork, a share in profits and perhaps some control of how the project proceeds.
- Step 3: Go Back and Approach Family Members Again – once you are in the initial stages of negotiation with existing employers or friends and are about to put agreements in place in black and white, go back to that family member and show the validation of your idea. You are now in a position to show proof of the soundness of your idea – other people are willing to put money in it . This is the best time that you can convince a family member to partner with you.
- App Store Optimization in 2021 – What is ASO? (Part 1/6) - January 13, 2021
- 818: The Facebook Retargeting Campaign That Drives Revenue with Michael Durst - January 12, 2021
- Meet the Indie Developer with 7M Downloads & Apple Design Award - January 11, 2021