Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Coming up are you having difficulty trying to find a technical co-founder or developer? Well today’s guest shares how he lost 5 months of development in hiring the wrong developer and how you can avoid his mistake. Also listen to the process he used to research his app idea to see if it was worth building it.
Our guest for this episode is Marck Lichman, Founder of MDi Touch,the makers of the app, Tap Painter. Tap Painter is an interior design app which will allow users to photograph their interior using a mobile camera and virtually re-paint the interior walls.
Mark’s idea was to use a mobile device to visualize walls in new colors, in real time. This requires preservation of the existing lighting conditions on the walls, as well as accurate adjustment of the new colors to account for those lighting conditions.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Mark:
- Where the idea of Tap Painter came from and the first step he took in pursuing the idea,
- His search for a co-founder: why going to Meet Ups didn’t work out for him, hiring someone but ending up as a wrong fit, what he could’ve done differently in retrospect after finally hiring a physicist,
- His decision to build a scalable model on the onset and the development process that followed,
- Doing market researches and going through their product launch,
- How press reviews impacted downloads and how Twitter affected their traction,
- Twitter search strategies for people to follow, and
- About his Kick starter and what he would have done differently to have turned things around and made it successful.
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020