Want to know how to maximize the new Apple preorder feature? Well I’m going to show you how to set it up, all the best practices and how we used it to land an Apple Feature.
How to Optimize Your App Launch Using Apple Pre-Order Feature
Here are the steps:
- Go to App Store Connect and pick the app you’ve been wanting to submit.
- Set it up and add the necessary information.
- Click Prepare for Submission and fill in the form.
The key part is the Version Release section which tells you what pre-orders are. Set it properly by selecting “Automatically release this new version after Apple Review, no earlier than” and select the date and time. I recommend that you set it a year later, for instance, since it’s 2018, schedule it in 2019.
- After Apple approves it:
- Come back and set the launch date.
- Go to Pricing and Availability.
- Click the checkbox “Make available for pre-order” and set the release date to be the same as your launch date.
- Hit save.
After this, you’re all good and can now pitch Apple.
Pitch Apple After Setting Up Your Pre-Order Listing
Go to appstore.com/promote and then tell Apple how cool your app is. Since your app is available for pre-order, they will see it and will feature it in the pre-order section.
Most of the time, when you land in the Apple pre-order feature, you are more likely to land the feature when your app actually launches. So, it’s a win-win.
All the pre-order downloads will hit on day one. Let’s say you get 10,000 downloads and another 40,000 to 50,000 download just with the Apple features. So, if you want 75,000 to 100,000 to hit the top charts, you will only need 50,000 more downloads to achieve that rather than having to drive 100,000 downloads with your paid acquisition. Thus, it’s beneficial for you to do a pre-order. I highly recommend this especially for game apps.
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020