In this video, I’m going to show you a cool Chrome extension which I have been using a lot for ASO on Google Play. It allows you to see, through Chrome, any app’s short description. As you may know, in Google Chrome ranking, the app name made up of 50 characters, the short description which consists of 80 characters and then the long description which has 4,000 characters all play a part in your ranking. Having keywords in different sections will boost your rankings. You can also use this tool to figure out what your competitors are using in their short descriptions.
If I am aiming for a keyword, I tend to repeat them a lot in all sections: in the app name, in the short description and typically in the first line in the long description.
The Chrome extension that I have been talking about is ASO – Google Play Short Description.
Without the extension, you can look up your competitor’s short description by:
- Right click on the page, click View Page Source.
- Click Find > type Main-Title
- It will highlight an area for you and you will see the short description in this line.
Once you install the extension, you will see that there is an added section showing the app’s short description compared to the version where the extension is turned off. Upon doing ASO, look up competitor pages and study their app name, their short description and their long description.
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020