Mobile devices have succeeded in making an impact on businesses worldwide, and this doesn’t seem to slow down any time soon. With more and more companies planning to focus on their presence over mobiles, attaining success is becoming even more challenging.
Developing an app that addresses a user’s problems correctly with its own set of unique value propositions might seem to you as a means of achieving success in the world of mobile apps, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. The actual challenge that lies underneath — making an app grow economically to achieve business goals.
Whether you develop an app in-house or hire an app-making company, here are 16 effective growth plans that you can incorporate in your mobile app marketing strategy and to help you attain success in this highly competitive market:
Developing an app requires planning. It is needed for establishing a proper marketing strategy and this begins right from the pre-launch phase. Things to consider at this phase:
1. Contemplating the users’ persona and how they may react to your app. This helps realize the target audience considering factors such as age, interests, and demographics.
2. A thorough competitive analysis of various competitive apps can help in understanding their strategies of approach promotion, marketing and can also give valuable insights of their app so developed and important tips and tricks to be implemented in the growth strategy.
3. Consider getting a website or a landing page for the app to gain exposure over search engines. Implementing SEO techniques can help make the pre-launch phase more beneficial, and deliver you the expected organic results at the time of launch.
4. Branding the app is essential to make the app more appealing to the audience. You can use a multitude of techniques to deliver eloquent content that’s appealing to the audience. Consider following a style guide for better reverberations.
5. Social media platforms are a great source of delivering more impressions and exposure to the upcoming app and is an efficient way of increasing awareness among users.
6. Include PR activities in your growth plan for more effective and influencing outreach. You can connect with news sites, bloggers, and influencers from the same or relevant niche for your app promotion. A genuine review from such sources also works great for an app that is at its pre-launch phase.
7. Make sure your app has analytics and such tools integrated. This helps in analyzing the downloads, acquisition, and help strategize retention techniques in the future.
Once you reach the app release date, it’s time to implement strategies that work for increasing the downloads of your app and contribute towards increment in growth factors.
8. Engage with users. This gives the perception of good customer service and this contributes to user retention.
9. Incorporate effective ASO (App Store Optimization) techniques in delivering better results over app stores. Users explore app stores to look for better apps, and ranking better in such cases would be divine.
10. Use giveaways such as promo codes, vouchers and such to get better user engagement. Many apps incorporate this technique at initial stages to increase downloads and to retain more customers.
11. Focus on increasing the reviews and ratings of the app. Do not go for paid sources, rather induce ways that users compel to deliver ratings and reviews for your app. Use appropriate ways to encourage your users to do so.
12. The post-launch phase provides the right condition for a business to implement burst campaign techniques to further elevate the growth of the application. Remember, this is not a one-time technique and you might need to use it again.
13. Pace up the SEO efforts and ASO efforts for more optimized results over search engines and app stores.
14. Referral bonuses have worked amazingly for a variety of businesses and apps in the past, and you are never too late to add it to your list of growth hack strategies.
15. A/B Testing for an app can be useful in identifying the metrics that actually matter and those that don’t. These tests can also be helpful in keeping the app bug free!
16. With more features being added to the device hardware and the underlying software, it is necessary to regularly maintain the app and stay up to date with the changes and leverage the additional benefits of technological upgrades.
Use these tips but employ constant analysis to make your plans effective for the growth of the app.