Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Are you looking to find a technical co-founder to build your dream app? Well, today’s guest was the lead designer of Draw Something! and he talks about how he found his technical co-founder at a mobile meetup. Also, listen to the part of the show of the anonymous messaging space maybe the next big thing in mobile.
Meetup is now becoming a popular platform for developers to help and collaborate with each other and for our guest for today, it even paved the way for him to meet his co-founder. But how can you effectively filter and find a like-minded individual through social channels and once you do, how do you prevent your ideas from fizzling out? Garrett Peek, the co-founder of Sneeky, will share to us how he got along with his business partner and how they kept their dynamics.
Below are the highlights of my discussion with Garrett:
- As the lead designer, how he developed the hit mobile game, Draw Something, a transition from Draw My Thing,
- How it felt when OMGPOP got acquired by Zynga for $180 million after almost becoming bankrupt,
- How Meetup linked Garrett and his co-founder and how it worked out for them, and
- Specifics regarding Sneeky including checking traction of installs from SMS sent.
Aside from Sneeky being free, fun, and expressive, Garrett also shares why their team focused on the two hot trends in the market: anonymity and photo-sharing and why, in contrast to most, they tapped into the users’ phone contacts to create a pool of people with which to share images rather than building this in to Facebook or Twitter.
– Site: Flurry
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020