Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Today’s guest just sold his most recent company, 5by, to StumbleUpon and in fact has sold 2 companies before the age of 24. He talks about his $1.5 million dollar product mistakes he made with his previous company and how you can avoid those same mistakes. Also, if you’re looking to reach influencers to get more downloads for your app then you’ll want to listen to the part where he breaks down his entire process.
Our guest for today, Greg Isenberg,h ad met success at a young age. He had sold two companies at the age of 24, is the Founder and CEO of 5by which was acquired by StumbleUpon in Sep 2013 and a venture partner at Good People Ventures. His app had been featured by Apple and had gained hundreds of thousands of downloads within a few weeks’ time.
Hit play and join us as Greg shares to us his interesting stories and learn the following:
- How the original idea of 5by came about and how they got featured in the App store,
- Developing the popular stock market simulator, Wall Street Survivor and Stock-Trak,
- The importance of copyright and how he got into video concierge,
- Learning how to come up with a perfect pick up line not only to sell your products but get a good rating in the process, and
- All about influences and how you can reach out to one.
One of the things I loved most in this interview is Greg’s story about a struggle he had faced and how he dealt with the competition. He also shares the things he is looking for in a company when he angel invests so listen in to know them.
– Fav app: Tweetbot: (iTunes)
– Episode: Tweetbot episode