In this interview, you’ll find out how an app developer built a business that solved his own pain and the creative techniques he used to validate that others shared his pain.
About App Design Vault
App Design Vault allows you to get clean & modern iPhone app design templates
- PSDs are sliced for you
- Sample code is included with each design
- No waiting! Designs are ready “out of the box”
- Move from a prototype to the App Store faster
The Clever Way to Validate Your Idea
Before he started coding, Tope built a landing page that explained the benefits of App Design Vault with an email signup form. He cold emailed popular app developers and only got 4 to respond.
However, he still believed in the idea, but he didn’t start coding just yet. He thought of a clever way to validate the idea.
He decided to post a poll on the iPhone Dev SDK forum asking developers what is the most painful thing you have to do when developing apps when one of the options being “designing or getting good graphics”.
Over 60% of the respondents chose “designing or getting good graphics”. That gave me all the validation he needed.
How to Get Customers
Tope uses a blend of both content marketing and partnerships. With content marketing, he writes amazing blog posts and also guest blogs on other major sites.
Mentions from the episode:
- App Ville
- MoneyTrack – App Design Vault
- Favorite app – Flipboard
- How to Successfully Pitch Your App
If you enjoyed this episode please share it with your friends:
Click here to tweet -> “Hear the one simple way this founder validated his business idea with @emityme http://bit.ly/159aOkN via @stevepyoung #mobile #mobileappchat”
Subscribe to the Show
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020