Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Coming up I have the founders of AppInTheBox to talk all about the app marketing strategies they implemented that led to over $100,000 within the first couple of days of launching their hit app, Drop the Chicken. Also, listen to how the different categories in the App Store play a key role in downloads and how you can decide which ones to use for your app.
It takes more than one marketing strategy to saturate the app market successfully. In this episode, we will learn how to advertise and get our apps out there through video reviews, strategic categorization and a lot more.
Our two, yes two, awesome guests today are Ben Jarris and George Bosevski, co-founders of App In The Box, and they are here to share with us how they worked at getting 85,000 downloads for the their hit puzzle game, Drop the Chicken, on the first day of launch.
Here are the highlights of my discussion with Ben and George:
- How they come up with new ideas and good angles on the things that are already existing in the market,
- Where the original idea of Drop the Chicken came from and what helped them reached impressive download numbers during the release,
- How to pump sales up through in-app advertising, early press releases, and good video reviews,
- Personalization, setting an embargo date and other tips and tricks in pitching to the press,
- The best days to set your apps free and other things in the app store that you need to keep an eye on,
- Balancing between developing apps for others and creating theirs, and
- How learning how to categorize your apps can make a difference.
Ben and George had also opened up about their initial concerns on similarities of their app with Cut the Rope and had shared how they figure out if other people find your app as awesome as you do.
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020