Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Are you looking for a way to increase your App Store ranking? Well today’s guest is the founder of AppReviewMe and he talks about ways you can attract more positive reviews for your apps. Also, if you’re looking to build your first mobile app then listen to why buying a source code maybe the way to go.
When apps get exposure, it impacts the financial aspect of the business because it gives the product more opportunity to be discovered and hence, gets downloaded more. Our guest for today is Tyler Kessler, the founder of AppReviewMe, a place where developers can get and give free peer app reviews.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Tyler:
- A background on his app flipping days and how AppReviewMe came about from his personal challenges in getting reviews post-launch,
- Building the karma algorithm to ensure equal amounts of reviews for everyone,
- Some tactics on how to track positive reviews and why it is important to get your first five reviews after launch,
- Humanizing reviews and guiding your audience towards getting more stars for your app,
- Why they only support free apps and how it was during the first days of launch,
- Post-launch marketing approaches and what should app developers be doing to maximize exposure through ASO, and
- The lowest point of his app career and key things he had learned.
Despite his experience with reskinning, Tyler still encourages developers, especially startups, to work on flipping apps initially rather than going for the big kill and developing your first app from the ground up.
– Fav app: IFTTT: (iTunes)
– App Business & App Flipping Podcast
– Back to Work Podcast & Startups for the Rest of Us