Sensor Tower is my favorite App Store Optimization tool. Discover and identify the most worthwhile keywords to include in your app, guide based on keyword suggestions, search traffic estimates, and competitiveness difficulty ratings.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Are you looking for a way to create an ad experience that the user won’t hate you for? Well today’s guest wants to be the ad platform that focuses on the user experience while making money for the developer and ROI positive for the advertiser. Also, listen to the key lessons he learned when pivoting the company and how you can overcome your inner doubts.
For this episode, we have Ouriel Ohayon, the CEO and co-founder of Appsfire and we will have great discussions ranging from the things we can look forward to in the latest IOS updates to the new policies Apple is incorporating and how it will affect us, mobile app developers.
Here are the highlights of my discussion with Ouriel:
- The changes and updates in IOS 8 that we should look forward to and how this will affect mobile app developers especially in terms of marketing,
- A discussion about Apple rejecting significant number of apps which are using incentivized advertising and how this will impact indie developers,
- Why Apps fire decided to shift focus from building apps to now becoming an ad network working with top brands in the US,
- How they came up with the unique names of their banners and solutions and a glimpse of the whole process of their naming conventions,
- The challenges he faced as leader during the shift that happened to the company and how he led his people to follow and embrace a whole new different mission and vision,
- How he came up with ‘pull-to-refresh’ format and how he foresaw that app developers would want this ad unit, and
- His transition from Israel to Bay Area, the things he learned from this path so far and how he sticks to his convictions.