Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Do you know exactly how your users feel about your app? Well today’s guest is the CEO of Apptentive and he tells us when and how to ask for user feedback that will drive more 5-star reviews for your app. Also, listen to the part of the interview where he tells us the type of questions you should ask that will actually yield valuable answers.
Getting our products launched is just half of the game. Modification and updating the app are part of the next steps after this phase and feedback from your users is very essential for you to zoom in on what needs to be enhanced.
Our guest of this episode is Robi Ganguly, CEO and co-founder at Apptentive, a company which helps app developers gather much needed feedback by finding effective ways to talk to customers inside app through channels such as surveys and reviews.
Here are the highlights of my discussion with Robbie:
- About Apptentive and how they funnel reviews through strategizing and timing prompts,
- Setting the frequency of prompts depending on app usage and knowing the right time to ask for feedback,
- Leaving Yahoo, Robi’s experiences in app development, how Apptentive came about and the early days that followed,
- Self-education and book recommendations that you may find interesting, and
- How to land big customers and Apptentive features that you need to know about.
As Robbie had said it, the first version of our apps will not be perfect. We need guidance on the people who use them to direct us on what to work on next to make the experience better for them. This is a win-win scenario so app developers, do not fail to talk to your customers.
– Book Recommendation: The Art of Simple Food
– Fav app: Hello SMS: (Google Play)