Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Coming up we have the king of reskinning and app flipping Carter Thomas and he shares two key mistakes you maybe making when reskinning apps. Also, if you’ve been against reskinning app listen to our open and honest conversation about the app flipping business.
In the past, we had guests in this show which had talked to us about reskinning and how this model had worked well for them and their business. To give you more insights about app flipping and how this can also be your choice of ladder to success, we have Carter Thomas with us today to speak to us about:
- His background on internet marketing, building websites and what made him get into app business,
- The first step he takes after identifying a source code that he can use when skinning apps,
- A story on the first game he licensed to code and what made him go for it,
- The experiences he learned from the misses of his first app and how it paved the way to his current chosen strategy,
- Cutting cost, earning more quickly and reskinning as a more profitable model,
- Mistakes beginning reskinners make and the things they should need to focus on,
- Selecting a source code, deciding on a theme, matching icons and coming up with great keywords,
- How discovering double nag screens through accident doubled his revenue, and
- A discussion about fill rates, retention and life time value.
Tune in for great ideas which could jump start your reskinning career! Remember as well to be clear on what your goals are, since as per Carter, if you are not, it’s going to drive you insane.