Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Today’s guest is a successful indie app developer and host of the Developing Perspective podcast and he talks about how he generates ideas for his apps and how that helps with getting featured by Apple. Also, listen to the clever and unique way he monetizes his latest app with in-app purchases.
Our guest for today is an app developer and a fellow podcaster, David Smith. David hosts the 15-minute action-packed show called Developing Perspective and he opens this episode by walking us a bit on how he records and manages his show.
Highlights of our discussion include:
- How his app ideas vary from app to app — sometimes it’s an opportunity and at times it’s an itch that needs to scratching,
- How David finds beta testers for his app creations,
- The spinning point of letting go of his consulting career what made him turn his gears into the app business,
- The strategies he use in naming conventions for search engine optimization, localization and translation services,
- Clever tip jars and consumable in app purchases, and
- Using social media as marketing and communication tool.
A lot of people over think the initial process where they say they can’t start yet because theydon’t have the ‘hit’ idea yet. David shares to us the opposite — that the best place to start is simply to build something to be able to gain the value of experience. As David states it, putting too much pressure on that first concept is usually counter-productive, so go ahead and build that app!
– Fav app: Tweetbot: (iTunes)
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020