Earlier this year, I tried to go big and part of that was trying to reach lofty sales goals and looking at what the traditional digital marketing sales agencies were doing. I looked at what the competition was doing and thought that I had to offer the same stuff so I scaled up some aspects of the business. But happened was, I expanded too quickly so it dropped me to a hole which was difficult to get out of. After that, I realized that instead of mimicking my competitions’ strategies, I should focus more on my expertise and those which I can do for my customers and leverage on these to excel. I listed down three of my fortes namely:
- Getting clients featured in Apple – something that my competitors do not do.
- I’m killer on ASO.
- My paid-to-free campaign.
From this point on, I decided that I will be okay with being small and I will focus instead on how I can help my target clientele – indies, start-ups on tight budgets. I assessed services which was taking too much time and cut them off and focused on those which have big impact on downloads.
I looked for customers who can benefit from my skillset which will lead to results.
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020