Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
How can you leverage social media to leap into the App Store’s top charts? Well today’s guest is the VP of Business and Marketing of one of my favorite games and she shares with us some tips on how Fun Run reached #1 without a marketing budget. Also, if you’re going to networking event, then you’ll want to listen to her strategy of reaching out to influential people.
How do you top the App Store and get 40M downloads with a $0 marketing budget? Our guest today is Aurora Berg, VP of Business and Marketing at Dirtybit, and she is here to share to us tips in how Fun Run got to this peak…free!
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Aurora:
- The goal to create childhood fun bringing birth to their flagship app, Fun Run,
- Fun Run’s journey from their first 1k downloads to reaching 40M,
- Social integration and their genius Golden Fox marketing initiative,
- Their pricing strategies and regular updates as being part of their app success, and
- Networking and engaging people and what to expect next from Dirtybit.
Fun Run’s strategies are great tricks to apply but Aurora had also highlighted that providing value to our consumers is still essential, thereby, back your marketing with great content as that is what people will come back for.
…and Aurora, please give me the Golden Fox. I swear I won’t tell anybody!
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020