Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Do you have a laundry list of to-dos and struggle to prioritize which tasks are the most important? Well today’s guest built a productivity app that allows you to easily see which tasks will have the biggest impact on your life. And Apple even featured it as the Best of 2013. Also, listen to our discussion about app marketing and how to get your app noticed by Apple and the press.
Striving for perfection when it comes to your app design and its functionality takes passion as, just like success, it cannot be done overnight. Our guest for today is Anthony Keane, the founder of Gneo, an app that was picked as Editor’s Choice just after a week of their launch and hailed as one of the best apps for 2013 just two months down the road. Anthony’s zeal to create the best app for his users shines through these recognition’s and can serve as an inspiration for those who are true believers of their work.
Listen in as we cover the following highlights in this episode:
- How Anthony’s background as a management consultant in London and Dublin influenced the methodology of organization unique to Gneo and how they decided on this approach,
- A discussion about the quadrant of organizing priorities used in this app: managing tasks by level of urgency and importance,
- Their unorthodox way of coming up with theirapp designs, from the three main buttons to the secondary features and the popular joystick,plus the functionalities that they were hesitant in letting go of,
- How they arrived with their current price point and their approach in getting press, and
- Using incubators, bootstrapping the project and how it was working with his spouse.
Anthony’s conviction is something to be envied about and he shares to us where his firm beliefs come from. This could be contagious so listen in as this is a good virus to have.
– App: Gneo: (iTunes)
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020