Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Are you writing really long boring emails that you send to bloggers? Well listen to how today’s guest landed press for his app by sending a simple email asking for feedback on his app icon. Also, listen to the part of the show where he found beta testers on Reddit.
What is the result of a rocket scientist and a genius programmer deciding to make a game about shooting cats out of cannons? An app featured by Apple, garnering over two million downloads in a span of few months.
For today’s show, we have David Ngo, co-founder at Loqheart and yes, a former rocket guy. Below are the highlights of my talk with David:
- Monetizing through power ups and the rationale behind switching from free to paid model for their first app,Cannon Cat,
- Working on having a polished product, marketability, building a community, reaching out to Apple and everything in between to increase your chances in getting featured,
- Pitching Cannon Cat to the press, putting effort and of being genuine when it comes to PR and marketing, and
- All about their new game, Prestige:A Wizard Academy Simulation, throwing away 6-months’ worth of art, soliciting beta testers and live ops.
David also shares to us what the life of an indie developer is like and talks to us about how the failure of Cannon Cat served as his biggest lesson which taught him to put his realistic hat on and to always keep his assumptions in check.
Site: Cannon Cat
Episode: David Smith
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020