Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Are you like me and know that you should be surveying customers and even potential customers but don’t know what you should be asking? Well today’s guest breaks down his process and even tells us the ONE question we should be asking, but may have overlooked. Also, listen to the Twitter strategy that he uses to drive downloads for his apps.
When coming up with anything, ensuring that you have a market for your product is essential if you aim to make a business out of it. Ensuring that your app will be embraced by your target market takes research and our guest for today will share to us how they gather valuable information for testing their releases.
For this episode, we have Sean Hurley, Marketing Manager @ Magikid and here are the highlights of my discussion with him:
- Why they decided to cater the market for kids and the evolution of their products,
- How their company tests and optimizes their apps,
- Driving organic downloads and advertising differences between Twitter and Facebook,
- Content creation, reposting, plugging and their strategies in gaining followers,
- Coming up with an effective questionnaire when sending out surveys,
- In person testing and other ways to gather information to know what their target market wants,
- How they balance spamming and monetization and how they came up with their price points,
- How localization worked out for them and their early struggles in figuring out the good product fit
Too many apps, even the best ones, are in app store limbo because of lack of marketing. There are ways to get the word out there without spending an arm and a leg if you set a goal and work on this side of your business.
– Fav app: Songza: (iTunes)
– Book: Pitch Perfect