Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Are you just starting out with App Store Optimization? Well today’s guest is the CEO of MobileDevHQ and he talks about the two key ASO tactics that you can perform tonight that will have the biggest impact on your downloads. Also, listen to the part of the show where he talks about the future of the App Store and the exciting things it means for all of us.
For today’s episode, we have Ian Sefferman, a former Amazon email marketer and now the co-founder and CEO of MobileDevHQ. Ian’s team was among the first to catalogue the App Store even before Apple did it and below are the items he had shared with us today:
- Creating their first website, AppStoreHQ and how they pivoted to the new one, MobileDevHQ,
- How accurate the data they are providing and how they respond to this question when asked,
- A discussion on their blogs, on ASO techinques and how readily available their data is for everybody,
- The key things that impact downloads that indie developers should focus on,
- His comments and reaction on Apple showing related searches,
- The three features in MobileDevHQ which are commonly overlooked:
- Ratings and Reviews – ability to extract common messaging for reviews which you can do for your app and for your competitors,
- Alerting – real time updates on when important things happen,
- Sonar – informs you when algorithms change
- The number we should be looking for in traffic scores and,
- The challenging times they had in the company and how they got through them.
Ian had also given us the highlights about one of his blog post on being a technical CEO, the difficulties that come with it and the learning he had gotten out of these challenges. He had also shared that as a CEO, you should also be a good storyteller and that you should start telling your stories now.
– Fav app: