Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
How do you build a community around your mobile app? Well listen to how today’s guest found early beta users and used meetups to better engage with his audience. Also, listen to the story of how today’s guest finally took the entrepreneurial leap and how he hustled to build his network.
Our guest for today is Frank Kuo, co-founder of Momentage, a sharing platform which allows users to share stretches of moments through combining photos, videos and Sound Image. Let’s learn from Frank as he talks to us about how they developed this app focused on the community of new creatives and their unique strategies in building their business:
- How Momentage sprung from the founders’ collaboration to create a product that will focus on collage of moments,
- The path of starting and growing organically, with friends and family testing beta versions and feedback from users paving the developments,
- Their choice of early users, including respected photographers and interior designers, who impacted needed feature changes for the development of the app,
- Learning how to organize community meet ups,
- Wireframes and sketches and tools they have used to come up with their conceptualized clean, elegant designs,
- Creating awareness, building a community and all the bigger challenges that they have encountered along the way,
- How they built their team by picking the right team members,
- Their plans for scaling and monetization, and
- Frank’s personal story on his transition from the corporate world to taking the leap to become an entrepreneur in the mobile app business due to his passion of finding a product that can stimulate him intellectually.
Listen in as Frank inspires you to go in with both feet forward with the things you are passionate about!
Update: Momentage now allows for 20 seconds of recording. In the interview, Frank mentions that it is 15 seconds.
Fav app: Spotify: (iTunes)
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020