App Radar is changing how App Store Optimization is done. The tool helps developers get their apps and mobile games discovered in the app stores and manages your entire ASO workflow through one simple interface. Not only that, once your ASO is fixed, App Radar will also help you set up optimized Apple Search Ads to help you scale up your User Acquisition results.
Industry-leading companies like Kolibri Games, Tivola Games, NerByte & iTranslate rely on their platform and expertise to drive organic installs from app stores, to their apps and games.
To preview the tool, you can start a free trial here.
Coming up, we have my friend, Sarmad Sultan, to highlight the 10 most important factors when it comes to Google Play optimization.
From on-page meta data to off-page meta data, he talks about the most overlooked factors that big companies forget about.
Data in Google Play are divided into two sections: on-page metadata and of-page metadata. On-page metadata includes your title, short description, long description, developer’s name, app icon and screenshots; whereas off-page metadata covers installs volume and ratings and reviews.
These are the top 10 ASO factors in Google Play:
- Title – You have 50 characters in Google Play and 30 in iOS for your title. Here are ways to write your title:
- Brand Name – Keyword(s)
- Brand Name: Keyword(s)
- Keyword(s) – Brand Name
- Keyword(s): Brand Name
- Short Description – you can include up to 80 characters in here. Keep the balance between providing a clear picture of your app and using your main keywords. Use a Chrome extension calledASO – Google Pay Short Description Viewer to see the descriptions of other apps.
- Long Description – only 2% read long descriptions so feel free to use your keywords. Don’t overuse them too much though as you will be penalized for being spammy. Four to five times should be enough. Use them in the first five lines, and the last five lines. Write in short paragraphs, use bullet points, use emojis and htmls.
- App Icon – make yours catchy and avoid using texts which may not be readable on handheld devices.
- Screenshots – these should clearly define what your app is. These should be attractive so test the options first.
- Developer’s Name – this has an effect in Google ASO. You can place it in this format: Company Name – Keywords
- Video – Google boosts rankings when you use video in your app page. It is recommended that your video should just last for 30 – 120 seconds.
- Package Name – most people do not realize that this affects ranking so work placing your main keywords here before sending your app over for initial release.
- App Size – most people do not have devices which support apps which uses up huge memory so reduce your APK to no more than 50 MB. People will go for your competition if their version takes up lesser space.
- User Reviews – Aim on having lots of good reviews and ratings. Having your keywords in those reviews are helpful to your app ranking as well.
Now I run an app marketing agency where we’ve helped 28 clients get featured by Apple, 5X downloads with ASO, and get coverage on Techcrunch, Mashable, Venture Beat and other major publications. I also write about apps on The Next Web, Entrepreneur.com, and on my blog AppMasters.co.
Latest posts by Steve Young (see all)
- How Often Should I Update Keywords for ASO? - September 19, 2019
- 749: Fyber President, Offer Yehudai on Mobile Game Monetization - September 17, 2019
- 10X Organic Downloads with App Store Optimization (ASO) - September 12, 2019