Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Coming up is the story of Craneballs Studio and how three friends turned their passion for creating games into an indie game studio with 20 employees and over 20 million downloads. Also, if you’re thinking about paying for downloads, then you will want to hear what today’s guest has to say about the effectiveness about paid ads.
Do guns and money go together? For Craneballs…absolutely!
For this podcast, we have Daniel Maslovsky, Craneballs Studios’Community and Marketing Manager to share with us his arsenal of experience in the mobile app business specifically in their flagship game, Overkill, which had garnered about 18M for their two versions.
Below are the items which Daniel had discussed with me today:
- Where the idea for Overkill 1 originated, what made them decide to create Overkill 2 and what got these apps to the top,
- Monetization from widening their gun arsenal and their challenges in price of installs,
- Their painful experience with reskinning and their key learnings about competition,
- All about cross promotions, press contacts and PR agencies, giving exclusives and Craneballs’ launch strategies,
- How CPI works for them and the factors that go with it, and
- The advertising platform which worked best for them and how they go about targeting ads.
We had a hearty talk about how this industry keeps changing and Daniel opened up how they are working on multiple projects to keep their business from going sideways but ensuring that they still focus on quality.
– Fav app:
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020