Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Today’s guest doubled his consulting business by launching a mobile app and he shares some tips on how you can get press as a solo entrepreneur. Also, listen to how he chooses to phrase certain words to help with his overall marketing.
Our guest for today is Kreigh Knerr, Director at Knerr Learning Center and the founder of the literacy app, QuotEd. QuotEdhelps improve comprehension for standardized tests such as the SAT by taking a famous quote every weekday and quizzing you about it. After answering, an explanation is viewable on why you had it right or wrong.
Here are the other items that Kreigh had shared to us in this podcast:
- How he got into teaching and tutoring, finding initial clients through Craigslist and cold calling schools to offer his services,
- How QuotEd had boosted his consulting business and other impacts that his app had brought about,
- The investments he had made and how he got started with apps,
- His mistakes of hiring a lawyer and the lessons he learned from this error,
- Hiring PR firm during launch and his media exposures, and
- The things he learned on how to format pitches from cutting articles down, caring about the journalist, and using facts that are exciting.
We had a chat about stereotyping and Kreigh also shared his experience being on CNN and why in pitching, you can win some, but can also lose some.
– Fav app: Vocabulary.com: (iTunes)