Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
How do you get someone to buy into your vision especially if that someone can actually build your idea. Well today’s guest talks about his struggles of finding a technical co-founder and how you can convince someone of your app’s vision. Also, listen to the tool he recommends that makes it easier to find someone’s email address.
Our guest for this episode, Nick la Maina, believes that life is fun when you have something to look forward to. With this in mind comes his creation, Tikr, a social countdown app that connects users with their interests and friends and gets them excited of what’s to come.
Here are the highlights of my discussion with Nick:
- What inspired Tikr’s creation and how he works on ensuring that users remain engaged,
- Deciding to start with a simple version and the steps he took after coming up with his idea,
- Venturing into content partnerships and how he pitched his app to Mark Cuban,
- His struggles in finding a tech co-founder and convincing strategies to reel the right people in when you find them,
- How Vikings and Hunger Games star, Alexander Ludwig, became a founding team member plus a sneak peek on the promotional video which he stars in and their launch strategies,
- Going over the fear of talking about his idea and choosing quality over quantity when selecting which journalist to select, and
- What made him take on the app space after coming from a film-making background.
Nick and I had also exchanged ideas on the tools we use to locate email address and how to come up with attention-grabbing subject lines so don’t miss out.
– Fav app:
- This Intermittent Fasting App is Making $300K a Month - June 3, 2020
- 786: Why It Pays to Be Bold with App Monetization Guilhem Duche - June 2, 2020
- Mobile Game Monetization: How to 2X ARPDAU - June 1, 2020