Go to Affordable Dev for your one-stop shop for all your app development needs and tell them Steve sent you. For a limited time, you can save 20% off your next app.
Are you developing a mobile app? Get anything from icons and buttons to your entire mobile app designed at 99designs! You can start your next graphic design project for as low as $199. Visit 99designs.com/Chat and get a $99 Power Pack of services for free.
Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
Have you always had the entrepreneurial spirit but have always been afraid of letting it loose? Well listen to how today’s guest started building his product at Symantec and eventually made it into its own company. Also, listen to why today’s guest shifted from a paid app into a free one and the new pricing model.
People learn in different ways but with our brains processing visual information 60,000 faster than text, it is not surprising that a big chunk of learners are visual. In fact, approximately 65% of the population is visual learners. With this fact comes the essential need to communicate, express and converse visually as well to ensure that we get our messages across effectively, not to mention, quickly.
Our guest for today is Michael Parker, CEO, President and co-founder of the productivity app called Zamurai. They have developed this ‘whiteboard for today’s mobile generation’ so that your audience can see what you are thinking.
Join us today as Michaels shares to us their impressive download numbers and their latest achievement of being featured by Apple as well as the following:
- Their methods in validating the market need for their product,
- Real-time collaboration, removing the need for taking of photo of whiteboards and other problems they want to solve with the introduction of their app,
- The pooling of seed money for the realization of his brainchild,
- Michael’s professional and personal paradigm shift from being with Symantec to growing to become an entrepreneur,
- Sharing of costing models from the freemium route, in app purchases to charge to subscription,
- The design concepts and development brought about by customer feedback such as sketches to represent basic visual conversations.
Michael also gives us great advice for starting and developing our apps including deciding if you are building an app or a platform, determining what the pain you are trying to alleviate and getting rid of that pain. And lastly, going beyond what is expected and going ahead building that app you so want to create.